X-SEED 100 is optimized for all kinds of concretes,
especially for structural precast elements where high
early strength development is a key success factor for
the producer. X-SEED 100 is a relevant alternative to
heat curing methods and the strong promotion of
hydration in particular supports the use of binders with
lower clinker content.
X-SEED 100 is an engineered suspension of crystal
seeds containing nanoparticles, designed to boost the
hydration process of early age cement (6-12 hrs).
Based on unique and innovative seeding technology,
the growth of the essential Calcium Silicate Hydrate
crystals is strongly accelerated.
X-SEED 100 promotes concrete hardening at low,
ambient and even heat curing temperatures. Unlike
traditional acceleration methods and thanks to the unique mode of action – the virtually barrier-free crystal growth of the seeds in between the cement grains – early strength development is accelerated while the final microstructure benefits from equivalent or improved properties.
1. Crystal X-SEED 100 offers the following benefits:
2. Early strength acceleration at low, ambient and heat curing temperatures
3. Flexible adjustment of production capacities
4. Increased production cycles (double, triple rotation)
5. Better use of formwork by earlier demoulding
6. Reduction/elimination of heat curing
7. Reduced investment and running cost of curing
8. Allows use of minimum required cement quantities
9. Allows binder optimization by using lower grade, less clinker-containing cements or by increasing use of supplementary cementitious materials (Limestone,
Fly Ash, Slag)
10. Lower risk of delayed ettringite formation
11. Reduced water absorption