Composites and Polymers
for Construction Materials
CNTs “Taunit” and Synthesis Thereof
CNTs-Modified Multifunctional Polymer-Based and Composite Materials
GNPs/Mesoporous Carbon Nanocomposites
Battery anode materials
Polyaniline (PANI) is well-known redox polymer which can be used in numerous fields. However, pristine PANI possesses relatively low conductivity and surface area. The introduction of GNPs increases its electrical and heat conductivity, thereby leading to the formation of nanostructures with controlled surface and pore structure.
GNPs/PANI nanocomposites can be used in the following areas:
- electrode material for batteries, supercapacitors, electrochemical sensors;
- creation of GNPs/nitrogen-doped carbon (after carbonization) nanocomposites;
- support for different catalytically and electrochemically active metal ions and nanoparticles such as MnO2, TiO2, Cu2+, Ni2+, and others;
- support for ferromagnetic nanoparticles, such as Fe3O4 and ferrites; materials so obtained can be used in coatings which absorb electromagnetic radiation;
- adsorption of harmful organic and inorganic substances;
- adsorption and deactivation of viruses and bacteria.
If there is a need, we can adjust experimental batches of the modified nanocomposites to specific requirements.
The GNPs/PANI nanocomposites are synthesized by oxidative polymerization of aniline in the presence of GNPs and other additives which modify the structure of the final nanocomposite. The component mass ratio may vary in a wide range. The GNPs can be of different thickness.
In Fig. the TEM image of one of these nanocomposites is presented.
Apart from GNPs, CNTs, CNTs+GNPs mixtures and mesoporous carbon can be used as carbon matrix for synthesizing PANI-based nanocomposites.Thus, the joint presence of CNTs and GNPs shows a synergistic effect.
Recently, we have found new possibilities for the synthesis of composites based on carbon nanomaterials and conjugated polymers, in particular, by using an amino-group-containing cumulene substance discovered by us.