Manufacturing and distribution of synthetics as well as first-rate consulting service concerning questions related to chemistry and technology.” It is this business objective that Hans W. Schulz, a businessman in Frankfurt, and Karl Strehle, an engineer in Augsburg, stated when founding the company Poly-Chemie-Ingeniergesellschaft mbH in 1950. Only one year later the founding fathers successfully got into the market by inventing a new product “Beton-Emulsion” (concrete emulsion). Four years later the PCI product range comprised 54 products already. The success story of PCI in the field of tile adhesives began in 1959 when the cementitious tile adhesive PCI-FT-Klebemörtel for thin-bed applications was first brought onto the market. In the following years PCI concentrated on the pioneering development of flexible mortars so that a comprehensive system of tile adhesives was realised. Since the market launch of the first pulverised highly flexible special tile adhesives PCI-Flexmörtel in 1981, PCI took on the leadership in the market in the range of tile adhesives.